- Navigate to a folder where you’d like the dashboard to be located.
- Click the Create button at the top right of the folder view.
- Click Dashboard.
A Create Dashboard window appears:
- Enter a Title for your new dashboard.
- In the 'Save to Folder:' drop down, pick the folder where you would like to save your new Dashboard.
- Click Create to add the new dashboard.
Next, your new blank dashboard appears. From here, you can add tiles, visualization or text by entering edit mode. To enter edit mode, select Edit dashboard from the dashboard menu.
To ensure accurate data filtering, the below"Site Id" filter must be added to all new dashboards. This is not an automatic process at this time and MUST be done manually. The steps below are CRITICAL to ensure the Site Tree & Membership is respected by all users.
Please follow this process and reach out to Support if the results vary from this article.
1. You must add a tile for the Dashboard filters to work. Begin by ADDING A TILE. Learn how to Add Tiles HERE (Dashboard Filters are inaccessible without a Visualization Tile to link):
- Edit Dashboard
- Add Tile
- Choose Visualization
- Choose preferred Explore
- Add Dimensions, Filters, Measures to complete Query
- Add Tile Title
2. While the Dashboard is still in EDIT, you will see the Filter option now available:
- Select 'Add Filter'
- Enter text into Search Field "Site ID"
- Select under 'Sites' view - 'Site ID'
3. You must now modify the Search Information specifically:
- In the Title field, change the title from 'Site Id' to 'Site' (remove/delete the 'Id' text)
- Change the Control field from 'Range Slider' to Advanced (scroll down, it's at the bottom)
- Change Configure Default Field Value from 'is between' to 'is'
- Select 'Add' (blue button) to complete
- Select UPDATE/RELOAD (blue circle) at the dashboard level (top right).
- Select SAVE
- Exit from your dashboard and navigate back to the FOLDERS level/view.
- Navigate back into the FOLDER where your new dashboard was saved to earlier.
- You should now see EVERY SITE ID # appear in the SITE FILTER field. (You may need to refresh your browser to get these results)
Your New Dashboard will now have the 'Filter by Site' listing all of your Site Names along the top of your screen.
DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILTER or the SITE FILTER as it maintains the integrity of the Site Tree to match the users Site Tree Memberships.