eCompliance sends email notifications to Managers and employees to provide advance notice of an upcoming expiry of a certificate. This is so that the employee can retake the course to ensure that their certificate is up to date.
These notifications can be enabled or disabled in eCompliance settings.
How do I enable advance notifications of certificate expiration?
This is enabled in the Email Setting in the eCompliance settings (top rights of the page on the web app). This setting is only available on web, it is not available on the mobile app.
To enable this, navigate to the bottom of the page to the TRAINING section and select the frequency of email notifications you would like to receive.
- Mon-Fri: you will receive daily notification on certificates that are expiring
- Weekly: you will receive on weekly notification on certificates that are expiring
- Monthly: you will receive one notification a month on certificates that are expiring
- Never: you will receive not receive any notifications on certificates that are expiring
Once you select one of these options you can select how much advance notice you would like to receive:
- 30: certificates that will expire within the next 30 days
- 60: certificates that will expire within the next 60 days
- 90: certificates that will expire within the next 90 days
- 120: certificates that will expire within the next 120 days
Note: these calendar days include weekends - if you select 90 days, for example, this will let you know the certificates that are expiring within the next 90 calendar days.
Which managers can receive notifications?
Along with the employee to whom the course has been assigned, managers can also receive these notifications on expiring certificates as well.
These managers must have the permission "Training Manager" enabled and have access to the site.
With the "Training Manager" permission managers also have the ability to view training for employees as well.
How does the "Training Manager" permission work with site access?
The manager must have "Training Manager" permission at the respective site to receive notifications on expiring certificates for employees related to that site.
If a manager has this permission at a parent site, once they enable email notifications for their account they will receive email notifications on expiring certificates for all of the employees that are assigned to the parent site and all of the child sites.
To clarify: even if a manager does not have the "Training Manager" permission at child sites, if they have it at the parent site they will receive email notifications for employees that are assigned to the child sites.
Can managers receive notifications with the "View Training" permission?
No. To receive the email notifications managers must have the "Training Manager" permission.
What happens if the expiry date on a certificate is changed?
If the expiry date on a certificate is changed, if it no longer falls within the selected interval selected for email notification then you will not receive any notifications regarding its expiry.
What else do I need to know about how this feature works?
1. If a course has never been taken the user and respective Manager(s) will not receive an eCompliance email. This is because no certificate has been granted for the course (with an expiry date).
2. Only once a course has been taken and has an upcoming Expiry will the user and respective Manager(s) receive an eCompliance email notification, based on the interval they select in their settings.
3. Once a certificate has expired a final email notification will be sent to the user and respective Manager(s). This email will be sent even if email notifications for expired certificates are disabled
4. After the certificate has expired the user and respective Manager(s) will not receive any eCompliance email notifications.
How else will employees know that they have certificates that are expiring?
Besides email notifications, when a certificate for a course is within 90 days of expiry it will appear on the "My Stuff" page for users to retake the course. Upon completing the course a new certificate with a new expiry date will be granted.
Do users who log in with a username receive certificate expiry notifications?
No, these certificate expiry notifications are only sent to eCompliance users who log in with an email address.
Please sign in to leave a comment.