As mentioned in THIS ARTICLE, we can host any of your custom eLearning content, making it solely available in your Alcumus eCompliance site. The content needs to be made available to us in one of the below formats:
- SCORM 1.2
- SCORM 2004
- Tin Can
SCORM and Tin Can files require specialized authoring software to create, and often, specialized technical knowledge to use the software*! While these are the industry standard, a video is an equally acceptable format to use for your custom eLearning content. In this article, we will review (1) how you can convert an existing Microsoft Powerpoint slide deck into a video course, and (2) how to create a question and answer key to be added as an assessment as part of your custom eLearning Course. If you are able to create SCORM or Tin Can files, then this article does not apply to you!
*NOTE: Please note that we do not offer course-creation, course-authoring, or course-editing services at this time. The below steps need to be completed by someone at your organization - the video and assessment elements of the course will then need to be provided to your Customer Success Manager to make available as a custom course in your Alcumus eCompliance organization once this is completed.
Converting a Slide Deck Into a Video Course
- Once you have completed your course content within Microsoft Powerpoint, navigate to the Recording tab and click on the Record Slide Show button
- The .ppt recording module will appear. Here, you can narrate your slide deck and time the transitions
- Once done, you will notice each slide has audio and timing associated with it. Click through and confirm you are happy with the narration and timing, and re-record as needed
- When you are happy with your timings and narration, navigate to the Export to Video button in the Recordings tab
- Please connect with your Customer Success Manager to arrange the safest option to transfer the video so we can upload into our LMS!
- Along with the video, please let us know the following:
- The name of the course
- A course description (optional)
- If you would like us to disable seeking (skipping through the video)
Adding an Assessment to a Course
NOTE: In this section, we walk through the best way to create an assessment/test, which are typically added at the end of the course after a user finishes watching the video. If you instead would like the assessment to be inserted in the middle of the course, please end your video where you want the assessment(s) to be inserted, and create a separate video for any content you want after the assessment. We can upload courses with multiple videos and assessments, but will need to be told the order you want it in!
- In a word document, write out the list of questions, potential answers, and highlight the correct answer. If you have multiple assessments, save them as separate word documents and
- Answers can be provided in the following formats:
- Single select
- Text entry
- We recommend using Multi-select and Single select to avoid potential spelling errors
- When completed, contact your Customer Success Manager to set up the safest way to transfer your video, question and answer key, and share the order you want each element in
- Along with the assessment, please let us know the following:
- The passing grade for the assessment
- The number of attempts you want to give users
- If you want the question order randomized
- If you want the answer order randomized
- If you want to prevent all users from receiving the same test, please provide us with a question and answer bank, and the number of questions you want each user to have. We recommend having 1-2x as many questions in your bank as you want placed in the assessment.