Select the Justification Information menu item in the Navigation Pane.
This information justifies the number of employees that have been interviewed and the number of sites that have to be visited as part of the audit.
A typical protocol includes two tables and a comments section in this window:
The Site/Location Summary table lists all the employees and sites that are covered under the specific audit that was captured with the eC-AuditTool™. It is important not to include locations that were covered by other auditors – this is especially important when conducting team audits.
Using the Site / Location Summary table:
- To add a location to the table simply type the name of the location in the Site / Location text box (1) and then select the Add New Site button (2) to add it to the Site Name list (3).
- Once a site has been entered the user must navigate to each Employee Count Cell (4) to enter the number of employees of each role for a specific site.
- The Visited check-box (5) identifies which sites have been visited during the auditing process. It is important to keep in mind that only sites visited will be available as an option in the Review Documentation, Conduct Interviews and Record Observation sections.
- Note that all external employees are represented in cells that have a darker shade of grey (e.g. see contractors). External employees are excluded from the Total Employee count (6).
- Depending on the protocol used, the Total Employee count (6) will be used to calculate the number of Required Interviews (7) according to the audit protocol used.
- The Total Interviewed (8) is equal to the number of employees that have been interviewed (9) – also see the section on Conduct Interviews
- A comparison between the Required Interviews (7) and the Total Interviewed (9) will determine if the audit requirement has been met.
- For extremely large companies with tens, or hundreds of sites/locations – depending on the guidelines of the audit protocol (check with them first) - you may be able to eliminate data entry for each individual location by:
- creating a site / location called “All Other Sites” and entering the aggregate information for all sites that were not visited during the audit, and;
- Setting the Total Sites / Locations (10) to the appropriate number.
- Define a short Description of Operations (11) performed as the Site.
- The status Icon for the Justification element (12) will indicate a status of “Incomplete” (!) until the number of Total Interviews (9) equals or exceeds the Required Interviews (7).