We have released an important update on Tuesday March 24th, at 9am MST. After this release, all auditors that open eC-AuditTool will be asked to upgrade the installer. It should take only 2-5 minutes depending on your internet connection speed:
- Auditors will get the normal update notice when they are connected to the internet.
- The application will prompt for 2 additional steps. The first prompt looks like the screenshot below and you can click on "OK".
Some Windows 8 users may see a "Smart Screen" warning from Windows (this warning appears for any new application). In this case, you should click on "More Information" then "Run Anyway".
- Once completed, the application will have a final step to click on "Install" like the screenshot below.
That's it! You can continue with the file you are working on or start a new audit if this is a new install. Existing audit files are not affected in any way as this is an update to the application only. Updates to eC-AuditTool after this step will once again be fully automatic.
If automatic installation shown above does not work:
- Please uninstall eC-AuditTool completely then go to http://audittool-live.ecompliance.com to install a fresh copy of the application.
- If you don't have your license keys, you can always go to this page to get them.
As always, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and we'll be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.