Welcome to Lesson 13 of the self-guided onboarding program!
If you do not see this module or features discussed in this article in your eCompliance instance and are interested in adding them, please contact your Customer Success Manager or shared email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Thus far you have spent your time learning how to use eCompliance on a web browser, now you will learn all about the mobile app - the app is designed with frontline employees in mind, focusing on ease of use while on the go.
Lesson 13 - eCompliance Mobile App Video
Watch the below video on the eCompliance mobile app. Detailed instructions follow the video.
By the end of this lesson, you will learn how to:
- Login to the app and update your personal settings
- Submit a form through mobile
- Create and assign action items on mobile
- Acknowledge and review documents on mobile
- Attach and review training certificates on mobile
- Launch an eLearning course
- View assets
My Stuff Module
The My Stuff Module is like your personal to-do list in eCompliance - and every employee's My Stuff will look slightly different. The page is broken into 4 columns, each representing a different module in eCompliance.
Visually you will see one of two things, a green checkmark that indicates there is nothing requiring your attention for this card.
Or there will be a number that represents the number of items requiring your attention.
The items listed are interactable and can be addressed from this module by clicking on the item.
This module provides the framework for how the mobile app is built with the intention that it is simple and easy to use on the go.
eCompliance Mobile App System Requirements & Layout
System Requirements & Setup
To begin, you must download the free mobile app onto your device from either the App Store or Play Store depending on if you have an Apple or Android device.
Click on the below article for instructions on how to download the app and the minimum system requirements to run eCompliance on your mobile device:
If you uninstall the mobile app, any forms you have saved in a draft format could be deleted. Contact Support before uninstalling/re-installing your eC mobile app.
Please be sure to set your app to auto-update, this ensures you have the most up-to-date version of the mobile app.
The login credentials for the mobile app are the exact same as your login info to the web, an email address and password are the fields required to be filled in.
If logging in by username instead of email address, the Organization field must be filled in. The Organization is the name of your Parent site in eCompliance.
The below image is the app home page which as mentioned above is modeled off the My Stuff Module.
The tiles are listed horizontally on the app versus vertically on the web to better fit the mobile experience and instead of a green checkmark to indicate there is no action pending, a number is used instead (0).
Tap on the three white lines in the top left-hand corner to open the side menu options:
- Settings - Change your profile info such as your name, email address, phone number or language preference (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian) by tapping on Settings
- Change Organization - Switch instances when a user belongs to more than one account
- Help Centre - Submit a ticket for technical help from our Support Team
- Send Us Feedback - Submit feedback for potential feature requests
- What’s New - Check out What's New in terms of new feature releases
- Log Out - Fully logout to update or reset the app
- Version - Mobile app version number
Tip: To manually refresh/sync the app, swipe down on the screen with your finger to bring up a blue circle.
This is to allow the app to refresh and connect with any updates that may have happened since the app last refreshed.
For forms, all three form modules (Inspections, Incident/Hazard, Meetings), are combined into one card called Forms.
The Forms card is split into two tabs; In Progress & Not Started.
- In Progress will display any forms that you have started or submitted on the mobile app.
- Not Started will display any forms that are scheduled and assigned to you through the Scheduler feature on the web browser of eCompliance
To start a new form tap the plus button in the bottom right corner. You will be presented with all available form templates separated into the three form categories.
Tap on the name of the form to start using it.
Tip: If there are many forms, utilize the search bar at the top of the screen where you can type in the name of the form you are looking for to filter other forms out.
Selecting a form will prompt you to select the site you are submitting this form to; you will either be given a list of sites available to you based on your site access or this step will be skipped entirely if you only have access to one site as mentioned in Lesson 10.
Filling out the form itself is similar to the process on the web, however, there are some helpful features that are only on the mobile version:
- The location field in the header section automatically populates the current written-out address and map location if GPS is enabled for that employee's device.
- Sections can collapse and expand, by tapping on that section, allowing the employee to focus on one set of questions at a time.
- The additional features of Notes, Pictures, Action Items, Assets, and Employee Look Up are represented by icons under each question.
- The Talk to Text feature can be utilized by tapping the microphone icon when your keyboard pops up for Notes, Short Notes, or Long Notes.
- In addition to attaching photos from your photo gallery, you have the ability to open up your camera from the app to take pictures immediately.
- For any attached picture, you can annotate it by tapping on the picture and drawing with your index finger. This is a great way to highlight and draw attention to specific areas of the picture for the reviewer.
- For the signature question type, you record your signature with your finger.
Filling out the form is similar to what we covered in the previous lesson by going through and answering each question based on the question type you set for each question.
If you need to save the form and come back to it later as it is not yet ready for submission, tap the Submit button and tap on Save Draft. This saves the form locally on your mobile device on the In Progress tab where you can go back to at any moment by tapping on the form name.
Submit for Sign-Off
When you are ready to submit the form for review, tap on the Submit button at the bottom of the form and tap Submit for sign-off.
At this point the form will be submitted to the web, triggering the form notification for Admin/Managers for that site.
The Action Items card is split into two tabs; To Do & Pending.
- To Do will display any open action items currently waiting for you to action
- Pending will show any action items that you are awaiting a response on from the other party, such as action items you have assigned and sent back for approval.
Below the To Do and Pending tabs is a drop-down to allow you to sort for actions items by:
- Due Date
- Last Updated
- Date Created
Use the Filter button on the top-right to further sort your action items by Status, Priority, and Site.
To edit and update an action you simply need to tap on the action you are planning to update.
Just like Forms, tap on the plus button in the bottom right of the screen to create a brand new action. The act of creating and assigning the action item is the same as the web process.
Once the action item has been created and submitted, this will trigger a notification to the individual assigned to the action item.
Refer to the standard action items work flow in Lesson 8 to further understand the stages of an action item once it is submitted.
Employees can interact with documents through My Documents. The first screen displays documents that you are required to read because of the Read Acknowledgement feature.
Tapping on View will give you the opportunity to download and read the document and then confirm that you have read it.
Important: The Confirm button will not be selectable until the document has been downloaded.
Any document read and acknowledged will go to Acknowledged Docs where it can be re-downloaded and read in the future.
Public Docs will be a directory of all your documents that you have made public that are available to download and read, but not required to read.
By tapping on the My Training card you will bring up any pending training certificates that you are required to have in your role and the option to launch any eLearning courses that may be assigned to you.
For any eLearning courses, tap on the Launch Course button to complete your required training right through the app.
For training that you have completed outside of eCompliance, tap on the Add Certificate button to allow you to both set the certificate date and expiration date as well as upload the actual document.
Any certificate that is completed will be removed from the main screen and will be moved to the screen View Completed Certificates. This will become your "digital wallet" where you pull up and download completed certificates. If you have successfully passed your eLearning course, a training certificate will be automatically uploaded to your account where you can access and download your certificate here.
Assets that are configured can be found in the Assets card. If there is a large number ofassets, utilize the search bar at the top of the screen to type in the name of the asset you are looking for to filter other assets out.
It is important to note that assets cannot be created or modified within the mobile app.
By tapping on an asset, these Asset Details will be displayed:
- Asset ID
- Reference #
- Assigned to
For more information on how you can link assets to your forms, review Lesson 11 on our Assets module.
Forms and Action Items can be filled out Offline as long as you have connected to the internet prior to going offline to sync your app.
When you submit a form or action item without wifi or cellular data, the form will sit in a Pending Upload status on your mobile app, indicating that upon an internet connection the form will finish uploading to the web.
Once the form has finished uploading, the status will change to Submitted, and a green banner will display like the one above to give the additional visual cue that all your forms have been uploaded.
My Documents and My Training can not be accessed offline. As a best practice, download the document or training certificate you will need, to your device prior to going offline.
Form One-way Communication
Forms in eCompliance mobile app are one-way, meaning that a form started on the web can not be continued on mobile and vice versa.
A form that is In Progress on your mobile device is only saved locally on your device, it will not be viewable on the web until you have submitted it.
This wraps up Lesson 13 - eCompliance Mobile App where we walked through the mobile app workflow.
Top Takeaways from this lesson:
- The My Stuff Module is your own personal to-do list and provides the framework for the mobile app
- Set the app to auto-update, this ensures you have the most up-to-date version of the mobile app.
- If you uninstall the mobile app, any forms you have saved in a draft format will be deleted.
- Action items and forms can be performed in Offline mode by opening the app on your device while you still have internet access
- Documents and training certificates need to be downloaded prior to going offline if they need to be accessed
- Forms will live locally on a mobile device until the form is submitted to the web.
Homework: Before beginning the next lesson, ensure you have downloaded the mobile app and go through a form or action item workflow to familiarize yourself with the mobile app as this will be how most of your employees interface with eCompliance.