Getting an 'err_connection_refused' error in Chrome can be frustrating, but there are some steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Check our product status page first - if everything is green, we're online. (If not, an error has been thrown and our team is working to fix it with the highest urgency.)
Next, check your internet or wifi is stable.
When you have checked your internet connection, and if it is stable, here are a few other things that might help with the err_connection_refused in Chrome:
- Clear the browser cache
- Switch from Incognito mode if you are using it
- Deactivate any VPN you may be using
- Antivirus or firewall - Temporarily disabling the antivirus and firewall might fix this error.
- Open Chrome.
- Navigate to the three dots menu->Settings->Advanced.
- Click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Select Reset settings.
- Turn off Sync to Google, if it's on - here's how:
- Open the three dots menu located to the right of the address bar.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Sync and Google Services->Turn off.
Article is closed for comments.